Spring into action this September
Fitness is an investment. Not only does regular exercise increase bone density and ward off high blood pressure, it also improves your mood, boosts your energy and helps you sleep better! Where do we sign up?
The reasons many people do not enjoy exercise are because they feel it is competitive and aren’t confident in themselves. Another reason is monotony of a gym routine – people want excitement. If any of these apply to you, Spring Pilates Shmilates is the way to go. You are sure to find nothing but fun behind a title like that!
Spring Pilates incorporates springs, suspension trainers and upbeat music to the usual group Pilates and strength conditioning classes. This means you still activate all the core muscles, but get to boogie while you are doing it. The classes offered range from traditional Pilates Mat classes to Functional strength training and everything in between.
Founder and instructor Janine may be a former professional ballet dancer, but is adamant that Pilates is for everybody. “Everyone is welcome in our studio and we have many different packages available to suit everyone’s need and budget. We make Pilates affordable for all, whether you are a student, or working, if you are looking for group classes or privates.”
Take a look at a few of the classes on offer:
- Pilates Equipment: apply extra strength and tone mat to work basics using wall mounted springs.
- FITRX: this is geared at teaching you to handle your own bodyweight in various poses. A challenge like none other.
- Pilates Functional Strength: every misconception you have had around Pilates will be broken. Bring a fresh towel, you are going to need it.
- Core Strength: build one of the most important functions in your body: core strength. This is especially great for runners.
- Babalates: a great way for moms and babies to strengthen your bond and your biceps at the same time.
- Preggielates: this is a seasonal class for a limited number of weeks. It is perfect to keep you fit and healthy before baby comes.
- Ballet Rip: a new addition, these classes take ballet principles and apply them to cardio for a full body burn.
As you can see, there is quite a range to choose from, so we would recommend trying a class or two more than once to see what works for you. All classes are offered by a highly qualified team who have various dancing backgrounds as well as Pilates acumen among them.
If you are not quite ready to commit to classes on a regular basis, visit the studio for an event. In the past few months, the studio has hosted a foundational Pilates course and even a Gin-lates evening. Yes, that’s right, gin tasting and Pilates at the same time! What better way to get to loosen up? If you are still not relaxed, the studio also has a trained masseuse. Choose between a Swedish or Sports massage to work out the niggles and stresses of the day.
The studio has been up and running for a while now and they adore being in the Green Point area. “We absolutely love being in Green Point – it’s central and we get clients from all walks of life,” says Janine. “The international people flocking to the space during the in-season always bring another dimension of personalities.” Meeting new people and getting your daily dose of exercise? Sounds great to us.
If you would like to book a session, take a look at their schedule.
Your first group class is free!