OurHood is dedicated solely to building stronger, and better connected neighbourhoods. It’s a social network just for neighbourhoods and it provides a digital platform that is on mobile, web, and app (available to download free on App Store and Google Play) for neighbours to communicate and will encourage more interaction between residents of clearly-defined areas. So where Facebook is for social interactions, OurHood is for neighbourhoods.
The site will effectively provide a series of tools that residents can use to:
- Instantly communicate by posting notices,
- Report any suspicious or criminal activity,
- Buy, sell or lend things,
- Get recommendations for tradesmen,
- Report issues relating to hood upkeep,
- Buy electricity, milk, or other basic goods and have them delivered,
- Share lifts, advertise events and organize activities etc.
OurHood has over 1000 live sites in South Africa, including Green Point, Oranjezicht-Higgovale and is growing quickly. We have partnered with the Green Point and Oranje-Kloof CIDs who are big supporters and use Ourhood to help communicate to their residents.