The roads listed in the tables below will be temporarily closed and/or restricted to vehicular traffic. This will have an impact on traffic flow and motorists are advised to plan their trips accordingly.
In addition, the following restrictions / closures may be applied at times if required.
- No parking will be permitted on the above roads at the indicated times.
- Access to and egress from parking garages will be allowed to permit holders.
Public transport services operating in the Green Point and CBD areas may be subject to localised deviations from 10:00 until 19:00 on Sunday 26 July. The affected scheduled services are listed below:
- Golden Arrow service travelling through Green Point Area
All services along Somerset/Main Road Green Point between Buitengracht and York Road will run along Helen Suzman Boulevard after 18:00. Passengers using this service may board or disembark at the stops either side of the closures at Buitengracht or York Road.
- Golden Arrow service entering the CBD
The Waterfront service (CBD bound) will operate via the CTICC, turning right into Heerengracht, stopping opposite Standard Bank, proceeding around the circle, back down Heerengracht and on to the Waterfront. The Waterfront/Sea Point service will continue to operate on its normal routes but may be subject to delays.
- MyCiTi Waterfront service
- The normal scheduled service will not be free of charge.
- The service will stop at the Stadium bus station en route to the Waterfront and then will be rerouted from Helen Suzman Boulevard into Portswood Road, turning left into Beach Road and right at the traffic circle into Granger Bay Boulevard.
- Granger Bay bus station will be closed for this period while all other stops and services on the Gardens-Civic-Waterfront route will remain operational.
- Passengers may use the Waterfront (in Breakwater Lane), Stadium bus station and/or Buitengracht stops as alternatives to the Granger Bay bus station.
- On the return journey from the Waterfront, the bus will turn left into Beach Road, right into Portswood Road and left at Helen Suzman Boulevard to continue its normal route to the CBD.
Parking restrictions will be enforced in the residential areas adjacent to Cape Town Stadium from 10:00 to 19:00 on Sunday 26 July, including on Main Road.
Motorists are advised to obey the signage. Normal restrictions and charges apply to kerbside parking in the CBD for a weekday.