Small business owners offer the public alternative options that make a difference in the lives of consumers. Supporting businesses locally shows you care about your local community. It also ensures that important decisions are made locally by people who live in the community and who will feel the impacts of those decisions.
The number one perk to consider, for obvious reasons, is that supporting local means that you care about the community that you live in. You’ll be able to put money back into your community and the other people who call it home, too. It’ll give your local economy a chance to thrive.
It is like going off the beaten track and finding unique products that will be as incredible as you think they will. You’ll find unique twists on entirely unique ideas that create products that you never even knew you needed before you saw them in that shop.
There are lots of local makers who bring their personal experiences, skills, and creativity to their products. Take the time to visit every business in your community and you’ll find out how these local people bring the soul to their products and services.
To help you support local businesses and also benefit yourself by doing so, let us make a few suggestions:
FOR THE BUSINESSES:
- At Minuteman Press in Loop Street you can order high quality business stationary, marketing material, operational material, large format posters, plans, and banners, conference and convention material, promotional products and corporate gifts and clothing as well as all bindery and finishing.
- Griffin solutions in Gardens is a cloud base accounting and payroll service. Their mission is to make their clients’ lives easier by fullfilling their Bookkeeping, Payroll and SARS Return needs.
- The Real Repair Company in Gardens is a South African repairer of Apple, Samsung and Huawei devices, specialising in repairing smartphones, iPhones, iPods, iPads and Apple Watches. Their specialist engineers do all repairs at the repair facility, and pride themselves with 1 hour service turn around.
FOR THE REMOTE WORKERS:
- Are you looking for a robust taste of pure vegan vegetarian Indian cuisine you will find it at Prashad Café (Kloof Street). Styled like a modern-day café, here you can catch a quick coffee and snack on your way to your next meeting.
- Do you need an extraordinary place with love for the details, great coffee and fast WiFi. The vibe at Truth Coffee in Buitekant street is amazing and there are loads of people working there during the day, and as soon as the sun sets it transforms into a bustling bar!
- You work hard and do not always think of eating healthy. Pop into the Community Grocer, Olive Branch Deli in Kloof street who offer seasonal and artisan products. Being a grocer for its community they have over 15 000 unique ingredients, tools, utensils and much more.
Check out the below to find out some more ways that you can support local businesses in your area: