What does living life at the fullest mean to you?
Is it travelling, spending time with family, or perhaps building a successful career? Whatever involves finding meaning or purpose in what we are doing – that is the life that is exciting and fulfilling. “Meaning in life is also related to greater feelings of love and joy and lower fear, anger, shame, and sadness” (Steger, Frazier, Oishi, & Kaler, 2006).
So how do we live life to the fullest? Accept that we differ. Another person’s fulfilment could be the total opposite to your purpose! Let’s explore potential ways to live your life to the fullest:
- Fill up your life with things that make you happy. Make a bucket list of items that can hopefully help you create a more enjoyable, satisfying life. Explore some exciting adventures here in our beautiful Cape Town. Here are some ideas:
- MOTHER CITY SKYDIVING
- Be brave! Exhilarating, Unforgettable Experience with Spectacular Views
- 079 337 2443 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- NAC HELICOPTER RIDE
- Helicopters don’t only save lives! Enjoy a scenic helicopter flight over Cape Town, or visit a Cape Winelands farm for wine tasting.
- 021 425 3868 | East Pier Rd, V&A Waterfront
- CAPE CANOPY TOURS
- TripAdvisor 2019 stated that it is the 2nd Best experience in Africa. Push your boundaries to the limit. Their beautiful office in Elgin is an aerial playground of giant trees, mountains and waterfalls.
- 021 3000 501 | email@example.com
- Write down words that describe living life to the fullest could help you determine what makes you happy. Here are some words that could help:
- Enjoying yourself
- Having fun
- Savouring life
- Relishing life
- Delighting in life
- Blooming or blossoming
- Help others make their lives full by practicing kindness
Be kind to others for no specific reason! This helps you feel more socially connected and will make you feel like your life has more meaning. Anytime you find the opportunity to do something kind, just do it: Bring a co-worker a cup of coffee, leave your waiter a big tip mention or buy a gift for a friend’s child.
Give to charity. It makes you feel good, strengthens your personal values and builds strength in the community. We have identified two charities that would benefit from your donations:
The night shelter gives temporary shelter, helps with rehabilitation, social welfare services, family reunification services and physical care and support. Let us keep the homeless off the streets by supporting them. The Haven has 15 night shelters in the Western Cape. You can “buy a bed” for a homeless person for R75 per night or donate cash.
If your passion is animals you can donate to the country’s leading animal welfare. This sanctuary for neglected and abused animals offer help through medical assistance, rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming.
They provide free sterilisations and subsidised veterinary care for low-income communities. They also have a mobile clinic, cattery, and kennels. You can donate and save a furry friend.
021 785 4482 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 4 Lekkerwater Road, Sunnydale
- Fill your life with gratitude
Never remember the bad, only the good. Focus on the good in your life. You will realize that your life is fuller than you thought:
- Think of the important people in your life.
- Appreciate the successes you have made.
- Do you have financial savings – be thankful.
- Being able to take road trips around Table Mountain.
- Having a sit-down dinner with family is blessing.
Before you know it, a life of gratitude will become a natural way of thinking.